Tuesday 20 April 2010

Font Ideas

I researched into fonts that I could use when creating the poster or film magazine. I used the website http://www.dafont.com/ I got a variety of font ideas and put it all into one to be able to make comparisons and see which one stands out the most. I aimed to look for a drip looking effect to respresent blood which will be clearer when coloured in red giving the real slasher horror effect.




When searching for a font style that's similar to the one I plan to use for our slasher horror, I found this one to be the most effective initially in choosing how the "Game Over" should be written. I thought that the idea of blood looking text against a white background looked quite realistic and would stand out. After having analysed this, I created my own version on Adobe Photoshop of how it would look featuring my movie.





What I then discovered was that when I applied the graphic font to the trailer it seemed to loose its gamer feel. I then went back realised what was needed was a more gamer or computer graphics style font which which bring the whole movie together. Once we had chosen the font 'PixelSplitter' I then looked to recreate the blood dripping style on top of this blocky font... and feel that it worked well. Also the font needed an extra something to give it that creepy and dark feel so I looked to blur its slightly and add a glow behind it in photoshop which also created an illusion as if you are watching this through the hazy eyes of the disturbed gamer.



On the Final scene of the trailer you can see the original 'PixelSplitter' style font 'Game Over' and then by adding a transition between the bloody version it created an effect as if the text onscreen was slowly dripping.