Friday 23 April 2010

Film Magazine

As part of the marketing campaign for my slasher horror film, I was required to create a front cover for a film magazine. I looked at all the still images taken during the filming and picked out one fo the most powerful ones. I chose a shot of the killer with his weapon to emphasis the slasher horror genre following conventions. The image that I chose was a still which was taken whilst filming our teaser trailer rather than an image taken on a photo shoot to add to its authenticity.


->Final Magazine Cover<-




->Layout Design / Plan<-





->First Draft<-




->Inspiration<-



I researched Fangoria magazine, as inspiration for our own magazine. I liked the use of the bold title and the dominance of the image. FANGORIA magazine is specially dedicated to the horror genre. Again, the image of a victim in SAW V dominates the entire page, a convention that was repeated throughout our research. As to stay true to the conventions within horror, I tried my best to make my image of my killer dominate of the front cover of my film magazine.